- About Us
- School Nurses
Managing Students with Seizures: A Training for School Nurses is an online continuing education training program designed to provide the school nurse with information, strategies and resources that will enable him/her to better manage the student with seizures by supporting positive treatment outcomes, maximizing educational and developmental opportunities, and ensuring a safe and supportive environment. The Managing Students with Seizures program is divided into three modules to assist the school nurse in learning to effectively manage seizures in a school environment. You may save your work and return later to continue.
Nurses can earn the following types of credits through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Continuing Education Unit Online Education Center:
- CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 3.2 contact hours.
- IACET CEU: The CDC has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. The CDC is authorized by IACET to offer 0.3 ANSI/IACET CEU's for this program.
The School Nurse Training Program is a continuing education training program designed to provide school nurses with information, strategies and resources that will enable him/her to better manage students with seizures by:
- Supporting positive treatment outcomes.
- Maximizing educational and developmental opportunities.
- Ensuring a safe and supportive environment.
Visit this site to begin your training.
Source: Epilepsy Foundation of America
Please connect with Epilepsy Foundation of Southeast Tennessee if you have any questions at all.